Are you looking for the most uplifting inspirational quotes to motivate you? Whether you’re trying to overcome a challenge in life or become the best you can be, these inspiring quotes about life, hard work, and determination will help you find daily motivation. With the right fuel for your fire, you will find happiness and success. 100%!
As someone on a wellness journey, I feel deeply connected to inspirational quotes. Each year, as I face my own challenges, I look to the wise words of others to help me overcome my obstacles. Sometimes, we need a little extra help to stay motivated, so I’ve decided to share this collection of my favorite inspirational quotes to motivate you.
As a travel blogger, I view traveling as more than just a means of seeing the world; it’s an opportunity for inner exploration and self-discovery. For that reason, my favorite souvenirs to bring home from an adventure aren’t kickbacks or snapshots. Instead, I’m always on the lookout for inspirational travel quotes. I like to think of them as little nuggets of wisdom, pick-me-ups I can take with me anytime, anywhere.
That’s why I made this post compiling some of my favorite inspirational quotes for motivation. I hope they do as much for you as they’ve for me.
Below are my favorite inspirational quotes. Feel free to pin and share these travel thoughts and images on social media!
Top 100 Inspirational Quotes to Motivate You:
With the right spark, you can set the world ablaze. Let these words be that spark. From famous writers and political leaders to athletes and artists, here are my favorite inspirational quotes of all time.
1. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” ― Maya Angelou
2. “In every shadow, there’s a story waiting to shine.” ― Jon Miksis
3. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ― Confucius
4. “To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.” ― Mark Twain
I love this quote because it emphasizes that the only thing holding you back is yourself. Sometimes, you need to take on a childlike innocence and forget how hard succeeding can actually be. After all, that usually stops us from starting something to begin with: the fear of failure.
The best way to succeed in life is to ignore that voice that tells you, “But it’s going to be too difficult,” and find an air of confidence even if you have to fake it. Because if you fake confidence for long enough, sooner or later, you won’t be faking it anymore.
5. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” ― Wayne Gretzky
6. “Every step forward is a victory, no matter how small.” ― Jon Miksis
7. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” ― Steve Jobs
8. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ―Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt, a staunch advocate for civil and women’s rights, often echoed the power of dreams and vision in shaping the future. Such an inspirational message reminds me that the initial step to travel is often a dream – a yearning to drink in the wonders of unknown lands and cultures. Those bold enough to embrace this dream find themselves enriched by a world of diverse and unique experiences.
9. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ―Nelson Mandela
10. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” ― Henry Ford
12. “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” ―Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs, Apple Inc.’s co-founder, championed authenticity. He was a veritable fountain of inspirational quotes to motivate you. This one especially serves as a loud reminder, especially for passionate travelers. Instead of sticking to the trodden paths, carve out your own journey. In every travel tale, as in life, authenticity holds the essence.
13. “Every challenge is just a bridge to a brighter tomorrow.”
14. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow is our doubts of today.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
15. “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” ― Albert Einstein
16. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ― C.S. Lewis
C.S. Lewis, with his deep wisdom, spoke of undying hope and the perpetual potential for growth. Age, he reminds us, shouldn’t dictate our dreams. Every phase of life offers a refreshed view, turning every trip into a unique, enlightening experience.
It’s never too late to go back to school, start a new hobby, or travel. Age is just a number. This is one of the best quotes about inspiring things that you can imagine.
Looking to save BIG on airfare? I recommend signing up for the free version of Dollar Flight Club. Thanks to DFC, I’ve saved THOUSANDS of dollars…so I couldn’t recommend it more!
17. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” ― Jordan Belfort
19. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
20. “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” ―Michele Ruiz
Entrepreneur Michele Ruiz’s visionary ethos reminds us not to let doubts weigh us down. Whether those doubts come from others or from within ourselves, it’s important to forge ahead. In every aspect of life, but especially in travel, it’s important to believe that, when done with love and passion, every journey is itself an intricate, memorable chapter in the story of our lives.
21. “Turn the page; your next chapter is unwritten and waiting.” ― Jon Miksis
22. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” ― John D. Rockefeller
23. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” ― Walt Disney
24. “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” ―John Lennon
John Lennon, the legendary musician and member of The Beatles, penned this iconic line, and it’s one of the many motivational quotes that continue to inspire us in 2023. At its core, the quote serves as a reminder of the unpredictable nature of life.
Delving deeper, the quote emphasizes the importance of the present moment. In our fast-paced world, where planning for the future is paramount, we often overlook the beauty and lessons of the “now.” Lennon’s words caution against being so engrossed in our future plans that we miss out on the events unfolding before us.
For travelers and adventurers, this quote has an added layer of meaning. It encourages spontaneous exploration and cherishes unexpected detours. Every unplanned stop or chance encounter can enrich the journey, making it more memorable.
Don’t hesitate to stop and smell the roses. embrace the changes in your plans. You only have this one life so you might as well enjoy it!
25. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” ―Henry David Thoreau
26. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” ― Mark Zuckerberg
27. “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
28. “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” ―Colin R. Davis
This inspo quote by Colin R. Davis underscores the thin line between success and failure. In doing so, it emphasizes that both journeys often require similar efforts, risks, and challenges. It also reminds us that the outcome isn’t always determined by the path chosen, but by our perseverance, decisions, and reactions along the way. Success, then, is often a matter of perspective, resilience, and learning from the journey itself.
29. “Chase the horizon, and you’ll always find a new dawn.” ― Jon Miksis
30. “The best revenge is massive success.” ― Frank Sinatra
31. “Dream big and dare to fail.” ― Norman Vaughan
32. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” ―Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln’s words emphasize the power of proactive action over passive anticipation. Instead of merely speculating about what the future holds, one should actively shape and influence it. In essence, taking charge and forging our path is the most definitive way to ensure a desired outcome. Is this one of the best quotes on inspiration? 100%!
33. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
34. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” ― Winston Churchill
35. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” ― Jim Rohn
36. “In order to write about life, first you must live it.” ―Ernest Hemingway
The ever-adventurous Hemingway makes my list of inspirational quotes to motivate you thanks to his razor-sharp wit and zeal for life. Hemingway wisely believed in the richness of firsthand experiences. This inspirational message is a beacon for every traveler. To truly grasp the essence of a place, dive into its heart. Only then can its tales be etched into our memories and hearts.
37. “The sky isn’t the limit — the sky has no limit.” — Sarah Barker
38. “The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.” ― Unknown
39. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” ― Vidal Sassoon
40. “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” ―Christopher Columbus
Columbus’s words embody the essence of discovery. Real exploration is about taking risks. Whether it’s tasting new foods or navigating a city with an unfamiliar language, exploration demands bravery. These words serve as a beacon, reminding us that the world’s treasures are just beyond our comfort zone. This is the main reason why I like to challenge myself to misogis every year.
41. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” ― Tony Robbins
42. “Don’t stop when you’re tired. Stop when you’re done.” ― David Goggins
43. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” ― Steve Jobs
44. “Life is short, and it’s up to you to make it sweet.” ―Sarah Louise Delany
45. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” ―Dalai Lama
In the whirlwind of life, the Dalai Lama reminds us of the ultimate pursuit: happiness. And often, travel can be a source of that joy. From meeting new people to discovering awe-inspiring landscapes, if traveling makes you happy, then you’re on the right track.
46. “Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.” ―Mother Teresa
47. “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” ―Charles R. Swindoll
48. “The only thing more contagious than a good attitude is a bad one.” ― David Goggins
49. “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.” ― Lewis Carroll
Carroll’s words ring with truth about the importance of seizing the moment. Every unexplored path or skipped opportunity is a story left untold. So, whenever travel calls, answer. Embrace opportunities, for they craft our most cherished memories.
50. “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.” ― Tony Robbins
51. “I didn’t get here by dreaming or thinking about it. I got here by doing it.” ― Estée Lauder
52. “Every morning, I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together.” ― Ray Bradbury
53. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan.” ―Jim Rohn
This inspirational quote motivates us to understand that travel is a testament to one’s life choices. So, carve your own path. Maybe it’s an unplanned road trip or a retreat in a remote village. When you own your journey, your stories become more authentic and personal.
54. “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” ― Barack Obama
55. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” ― James Cameron
56. “The stars shine brightest when the night is darkest; so can you.” ― Jon Miksis
57. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” ― Chinese Proverb
This age-old wisdom speaks of seizing the present. Maybe you’ve postponed a trip or delayed an adventure. This quote nudges us. Don’t wait, it says. The world beckons now.
58. “We only get to play this game one time. We have one life.” ― Gary Vaynerchuk
59. “If you’re not making someone else’s life better, then you’re wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other lives better.” ― Will Smith
60. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” ― Farrah Gray
61 “Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
This famous J.R.R. Tolkien quote is an ode to every traveler. Sometimes, it’s not about the destination but the journey itself. So, even if your path seems aimless to others, you’re on the right path if it brings discovery and joy.
62. “If it’s not raw and real, it’s not worth doing.” ― Jesse Itzler
63. “Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.” ― Zig Ziglar
64. “The future belongs to the competent. Get good, get better, be the best!” ― Brian Tracy
65. “Everything you can imagine is real.”― Pablo Picasso
Imagination is the starting point for everything; if you can dream it, you can do it. All it takes is a little imagination and a lot of hard work. Whether you dream of painting a masterpiece or submitting tall peaks, don’t give up!
66. “The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It’s what you’re made of. Not the circumstances.” — Unknown
67. “Impossible is just an opinion.” — Paulo Coelho
68. “The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire, not things we fear.” ― Brian Tracy
69. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” ― George Lorimer
I find this inspirational quote particularly motivating to have more positive mornings. When you wake up in the morning, your mindset can influence your entire day. If you start your day with determination, you can go to bed knowing you did your best.
70. “The universe rewards calculated risk and passion.” ― Joe Rogan
71. “The key to growth is acknowledging your fear of the unknown and jumping in anyway.” ― Jen Sincero
72. “You must determine where you are going in your life, because you cannot get there unless you move in that direction. Random wandering will not move you forward. It will instead disappoint and frustrate you and make you anxious and unhappy and hard to get along with (and then resentful, and then vengeful, and then worse).” ― Jordan Peterson
73. “Sometimes when you’re in a dark place, you think you’ve been buried, but you’ve actually been planted.” ― Christine Caine
This is one of the best motivation quotes of all time. It offers a transformative perspective on adversity – suggesting that what may seem like our lowest moments might actually be the beginnings of growth and rebirth. Challenges can serve as catalysts, positioning us for greater strength and blossoming in the future.
74. “You have to be a hero in your own story for as long as you live.” ― Joe Rogan
75. “When faced with mountains, become the wind that shapes them.” ― Jon Miksis
76. “Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today.” ― Jordan Peterson
77. “Begin anywhere.” ― John Cage
So often, we fail to start something because we don’t know how–or where to begin. Don’t let this hold you back; any point can be a starting point if that’s where you begin!
78. “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.” ― Elon Musk
79. “You were born to be a player. You were meant to be here. This moment is yours.” ― Herb Brooks
80. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” ― Oprah Winfrey
81. “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” ― Suzy Kassem
Doubt is something I think we all experience as humans. And it probably singlehandedly kills more success than anything else. If you have a dream you want to accomplish, don’t let doubt get in your way.
82. “Growth isn’t about reaching peaks but learning in the valleys.” — Jon Miksis
83. “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.” ― Elon Musk
84. “The only thing that stands between you and your dream is the will to try and the belief that it is actually possible.” ― Joel Brown
85. “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” — Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill’s words and wisdom remind us that the journey is more important than the destination. Once you’ve reached “success,” you should not just end your journey, or else you risk complacency. On the flip side, failure is not the end but rather the opportunity to learn through our mistakes and continue the journey.
86. “It is only when we take chances, when our lives improve. The initial and the most difficult risk that we need to take is to become honest. — Walter Anderson
87. “Sunshine all the time makes a desert.” ― Arabic proverb
If there’s something I’ve learned all my time as a human, it’s that there is no such thing as perfection. And as much as I love the California sunshine, you need more than that to survive.
The rain and overcast skies, while gloomy, are necessary for plants to grow and thrive. And if our lives were perfect all the time, we would have no growth, either. So, the next time a storm rolls in during your camping trip, or you hit a personal low in your life, just remember that if everything was always sunshine, there would be little to no growth.
88. “You don’t need to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
89. “Don’t tell everyone your plans, instead show them your results.” ― Unknown
Quotes that are inspirational have nothing on this one! This quote emphasizes the power of action over words, suggesting that results speak louder and are more impactful than mere intentions. It encourages discretion and the value of letting achievements reveal one’s capabilities. In eall, it’s a call to pursue goals with determination and let success be the voice that announces them.
90. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” — W. Clement Stone
Even if you fall short of your original objective, you will likely still achieve something significant. Remember: the journey is just as important as the destination. Even our failures to reach our lofty goals have a positive outlook: new insight.
91. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” — Milton Berle
92. “Fall 7 times, stand up 8.” — Japanese Proverb
93. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
94. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” — J.M. Barrie
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages children have over adults is their imagination: they believe they can do anything. But the minute we decide that we can’t do something, our fate is already decided.
95. “Don’t compromise yourself. You’re all you’ve got.” — Janis Joplin
96. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” — Buddha
Buddha’s quote on motivation highlights the significance of the journey over the destination. It suggests that the experiences, growth, and insights gained along the way are more valuable than merely reaching an endpoint. In essence, it’s the process and the lessons learned during the journey that truly enrich our lives.
97. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” — Andy Warhol
98. “There are three ways to ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind.” —Mister Rogers
Always be kind in life. That’s how you become a great friend, colleague, and neighbor. When you’re kind, you will succeed, and people will be happy for your successes.
99. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” — Will Rogers
100. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” ―Sam Levenson
As the year unwinds, let these 26 inspirational quotes for motivation be the wind beneath your wings, guiding you to horizons anew. Whether it’s a quiet whisper of introspection or a roaring urge to scale the Blue Ridge Mountains, heed that call. And as you journey, I would love to know: Which of these quotes resonates the most with you? Your journey awaits.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about inspirational quotes for motivation
Staying motivated can be a challenge at times. It helps to think of the inspirational quotes listed above as fuel for your fire. To provide you with some more insight into how quotes can help keep you motivated, here are my answers to some of the most common questions I get about inspirational quotes to motivate you.
Why are inspirational quotes important?
As we go through life, it’s easy for us to get stuck in our own heads. Sometimes, when we’re faced with obstacles, it’s easy to feel downtrodden or without hope. This can also make us feel alone.
Inspirational quotes serve as condensed wisdom; they offer profound experiences and insights into a few words that can ignite motivation, hope, and positivity. In moments of doubt, confusion, or lethargy, a well-chosen quote can help guide you back to a path of optimism and purpose.
Looking at quotes from a wide range of people with various experiences can help us find the words that truly speak to us. when you find the right words, they can help you articulate feelings or concepts that you find difficult to express. When you find inspirational quotes that speak to you, they can act as a daily reminder to pursue your goals with resilience and determination.
What is the best motivational quote ever?
Picking one inspirational quote for motivation as “the best ever” is tricky. Different quotes resonate with different people based on their personal experiences, values, and current life situations. That said, a quote that has stood the test of time and found resonance across various cultures and backgrounds is:
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs.
This quote encapsulates a universal truth about passion, purpose, and perseverance. Steve Jobs, through his life and work at Apple, epitomized the essence of these words. He believed in the transformational power of loving one’s work. When we genuinely love and enjoy what we do, it no longer feels like a chore; instead, it becomes a passion, leading to greater dedication, innovation, and excellence.
How can I encourage my future self?
Encouraging your future self is a multi-faceted endeavor. Start by visualizing where you envision yourself in the next 5 to 15 years, touching upon all aspects of life, from personal growth and relationships to health. This vision should be transformed into SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) goals. In our rapidly changing world, continuous learning is paramount. Embrace opportunities for growth through formal education, online courses, reading, or even travel to keep fostering a growth mindset.
Recognize that setbacks and failures are part and parcel of the journey. Instead of getting disheartened, treat each setback as a stepping stone laden with lessons for future success. Building a strong, supportive network is vital to nurturing your future. Surround yourself with positive, driven individuals, mentors, peers, or family. Their guidance, shared experiences, and fresh perspectives can be invaluable.
Prioritizing self-care cannot be stressed enough. Physical and mental well-being plays a crucial role in shaping our paths, and integrating habits like regular exercise, a balanced diet, adequate sleep, and mindfulness practices such as meditation can significantly enhance productivity and resilience.
What is the best inspirational quote?
One powerful and inspirational quote is:
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
This quote emphasizes the importance of authenticity and individuality, reminding us of the unique value each person brings to the world. It encourages self-acceptance and the understanding that trying to be someone else diminishes our own inherent worth.
That said, there are countless inspirational quotes, and the best one for an individual might vary depending on what they need to hear at a particular moment in their life.
What is a good motivational message to your future self?
Here’s an example of a heartfelt message you can use to inspire and motivate yourself in the future:
Dear Future Self,
As you reflect, remember the dreams, challenges, and the person you once were. I pen this from a time of ambition and uncertainty, offering reminders:
- Recognize Your Worth: Your value isn’t in titles, belongings, or others’ views. It’s in the journey you’ve embarked on, the love shared, and the hearts touched.
- Uphold Your Values: Even as times change and you evolve, let your fundamental beliefs guide you.
- Cherish Simple Joys: Beyond major milestones, delight in life’s understated moments — a sunrise, heartfelt laughter, or a touching gesture.
- Accept Change: It’s life’s only constant. Use it for personal growth and to propel you further.
- Master Forgiveness: Holding onto regrets anchors you. Learn to forgive — others and more crucially, yourself.
- Maintain Curiosity: Let it lead you to new adventures, knowledge, and diverse connections.
- Guard Your Well-being: Prioritize your health in all forms. Seek self-care, treasure relationships, and get support when you’re stretched thin.
With enduring love and hope,
How do you empower yourself with inspirational quotes?
Using inspirational quotes to motivate you and empower you is a deeply introspective journey. The first step is to select quotes that resonate with your values and aspirations. This ensures that their messages echo within your beliefs. However, understanding a quote goes beyond a cursory read. One should dive into its origins, comprehend the author’s perspective, and appreciate the context from which it arises. This enriched understanding transforms a mere collection of words into a guiding philosophy.
Consistent interaction with these quotes further reinforces their power. Reciting them daily embeds their essence within one’s psyche. Additionally, visual reminders can play a significant role. By placing these words on your desktop, phone wallpaper, workspace, or even handwritten in a journal, they serve as continual reminders of the strength they exude.
Meditation and mindfulness practices, too, can be enhanced with the infusion of these words of wisdom. By focusing on their meanings and dissecting their nuances, they become intrinsic to personal growth. However, empowerment isn’t a solitary endeavor. Sharing these quotes, discussing them, and exchanging interpretations with others can lead to richer insights.
What is a good inspirational motto for 2023?
“Embrace Change, Forge Unity, Build Tomorrow.”
Here’s a breakdown of this motto:
1. Embrace Change: As we progress further into the 21st century, the world continues to evolve at a rapid pace. Technological advancements, shifts in socio-political landscapes, and transformations in cultural norms are all testaments to the changing times.
2. Forge Unity: The past years have seen a heightened emphasis on collective action, be it in addressing global issues like climate change, battling pandemics, or pushing for social justice. Unity suggests collaboration, understanding, and mutual respect among diverse groups of people, nations, and cultures.
3. Build Tomorrow: The future isn’t something that merely happens to us; it’s something we create. This part of the motto is an encouragement for everyone to play their part in constructing a brighter, more sustainable, and inclusive tomorrow.
This motto serves as both a reflection of our current global situation and an aspirational message, urging individuals and communities alike to take proactive steps toward a better future.
Inspirational Quotes to Motivate You – Recap
I hope you enjoyed my round-up of the best inspirational quotes. These quotes have motivated me to live a life of adventure, never give up, and continually grow.
If you’re looking for motivation to pursue your dreams, I hope you’ve found the perfect inspiration within this article!
What are your favorite inspirational quotes? Which motivating quotes inspire you the most? Share them in the comments below! If they inspire me, I will add them to this list!